Harmony of the Spheres
Newtonian n-body gravity simulator
Run the App Locally
npm run dev
Create a Production Build
npm run build
npm run prettier
To Do List
- Clean up the scene module
- Develop an integrator with an adaptive time step
- Create a particle system that will allow simulating planetary rings, galaxies and more
- Add collisions (this point is subject to point 2 getting ticked off first)
- Look into using web workers and or shaders to offload physics calculations from the main thread
- Write a JPL Horizons client in Node to automate the fetching of orbital state vectors for Solar System scenarios
- Add more scenarios!
- Add controllable spacecraft that obey the laws of physics (at least things like thrust, attitude control and orbital insertion maneuvers)
- Any cool ideas you might have!
Got some time to spare and feel like contributing to this project? Awesome! If you find a bug or want to submit a new feature, hit me up with a pull request and we'll take it from there.
Copyright (C) 2019 Darrell Huffman - GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 3, 29 June 2007