This project demonstrates basic serverless principals to build infrastructure for website hosting in an automated and secure manner that is distributed globally. The cloudformation template is designed to create a secure S3 bucket preconfigured for website hosting.
If the user also has a registered domain name with Amazon the template will:
- Create an SSL certificate.
- Create a CloudFront distribution.
- Create a Route 53 record for your naked domain name to your CloudFront distribution.
- Connect each component properly together.
If desired the user can also:
- Add a subdomain to the certificate.
- Add a subdomain to Route 53 record set and point it to the CloudFront distribution.
- Use the included Codebuild and Codepipeline workflow to stage changes to a staging bucket before moving to the s3 bucket.
- Use the included IAM User to approve changes.