This high responsible, dynamically scalable, near to zero down-time approachable web-application is based on microservices, docker, ASP.Net, Angular, and much more!
A published version can be found here!
To build or edit this project you would need the following software packages installed:
How to build this project on Windows 10
- Start Docker
- Switch to Linux containers
- Share a drive
- Go to the root directory of this repo and start powershell
docker-compose up -d
- Have fun!
How to take down this project ones it has been run
docker-compose down inside the projects' root directory.
What are Microservices?
"Microservices - also known as the microservice architecture - is an architectural style that structures an application as a collection of loosely coupled services, which implement business capabilities. The microservice architecture enables the continuous delivery/deployment of large, complex applications. It also enables an organization to evolve its technology stack." ~ Source: https://microservices.io/, 01.11.2018
Why is using microservices so essantially better than a monolithic project architecture?
- Each and every microservice is able to either gain/loos on population, they also can be called on command and killed on will. You decide when or why a service (a part of ones system) should or should not be active and reduce your systems power/memory/bandwidth.
- Of course with scalability comes money safings! Reducing the need for power/memory/bandwith will also reduce your costs.
- The more modular a project, the less the propability of one SPF! (Single Point of Failure)
- And much much more
- As you can see microservices enable developers, clients, and owner way more modularity and options for a better and less pricey experience!