Science Museum Group Collection Chrome Extension
This Chrome browser extension loads a random object with an image from the Science Museum Group Collection each time you open a new tab in the Chrome browser. View a preview of the page rendered by the extension in each new tab.
Installing in Chrome (prerelease on Chrome Store)
Instructions for testing on the Chrome browser ahead of launch on Chrome Store:
- Download the zip file
- Unzip the files
- In the Chrome browser, visit chrome://extensions/
- Check the box for "Developer Mode" in the top right
- Click on the "Load Unpacked" button
- Select the unzipped folder
Installing in Safari
Instructions for use in the Safari browser:
- Select Safari dropdown menu and then "Preferences..."
- Set "New window opens with" to "Homepage"
- Set "New tabs opens with" to "Homepage"
- Set "Homepage" to https://thesciencemuseum.github.io/collection-chrome-extension/index.html
Installing in Firefox
Instructions for use in the Firefox browser:
- Select Firefox dropdown menu and then "Preferences..."
- Select "Home" in the right-hand navigation
- Under the "New Windows and Tabs" heading set "Homepage and new windows" to "Custom URLs" and enter https://thesciencemuseum.github.io/collection-chrome-extension/index.html in the "Paste a URL" box.