Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
Please read included release notes for important information and installation notes.
note: the attached releasenotes.pdf may contain additional information as I will update it, if I find ommisions etc
if you download, I would be grateful if you could pop in and say Hi, on either the Eigenlabs forum thread, or on the Google+ thread here.
Its useful for me to know, how many players are using, and on what platform they are using it e.g. windows/mac/linux/pi)
- updated to latest Juce framework (4.3.0)
- improved 64 bit support macOS
- fix macOS 32 bit to python from /usr/local/pi
- improved linux build
- fix eigenD hanging on exit
- workbench: select agent menu, pressing letter selects first agent
- updated release notes and introduce install notes into doc.
change : 8 Dec 2016 : updated Windows 32 EigenD release
releasenotes.pdf - release and installation notes
(included in release, however this version may contain additional notes)
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-i386.pkg - macOS 32 bit. (recommended)
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-x86_64.pkg - macOS 64 bit.
EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1.pkg - macOS runtime package (required)
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-win32 - Windows 32 bit (updated 8/12/2016)
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-arm.deb - Linux debian package for ARM 7 (e.g. PI)
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-x86_64.deb - Linux debian package 64 bit.
linux_eigend.sh.txt - start script for linux, rename to linux_eigend.sh
resources are not included, download from Eigenlabs website
for macOS you will need to disable SIP to install (google it ;))
- disable SIP
if you didnt do (a) this step will fail, so if it works things are good :)
- launch finder window, menu -> go -> go to folder, enter /usr/pi
- launch another finder window, menu -> go -> go to folder, enter /usr/local/pi
- now have two finder windows, so drag whats in /usr/pi to /user/local/pi ... you will be asked for your admin password, since these directories are 'protected'
as far as I remember, there shouldn't be any clashes in files...
- launch EigenD with factory setup, and the piano sound should now work, as resources contain the sample
- re-enable SIP
newer version of Juce, updated for el-captain (mac os 10.11)/ sierra (10.12)
for mac OS X only, you will need to install the new runtime (1.0.1) this is not required for any other platform.
(this is due to changes in Mac OS X 10.11+)
- limited testing has been done on this release, its main goal is for testing mac OS X 10.11+
- EigenBrowser/Command have refresh UI issues on Mac OS X (true of official releases as well)
- Windows depends on runtime-1.0.1, which doesnt exist yet, copy 1.0.0
This release depends on a new version (1.0.1) of the runtime package (aka EigenD support package) which has not been released for windows yet. For the time being, download the runtime-1.0.0 from the Eigenlabs website, install it and then rename it to runtime-1.0.1 (its found in Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs)
El Capitan (10.11) / Sierra (10.12)
- has various graphical issues with VSTs, try both VSTs and AU.
- Resources may need to be moved manually... (to /usr/local/pi)
- when you upgrade to El Capitan/Sierra your existing /usr/pi install will have been moved to :
- you must quit EigenD before unplugging your Eigenharp, if you don't Mac OS may crash!
this thread covers the issues we know about El Capitan:
Linux: run_eigend.sh should be run with sudo
root permissions are needed for many linux OS for real time threads, and also usb access (the later can be removed with using usb rules... in a later release I will remove this requirement
first community release
- based off Eigenlabs 2.1 experimental with updates,bug fixes etc.
it will install alongside existing Eigenlabs releases
support via: https://plus.google.com/communities/113007469663952313892
NOTE: this is release is NOT supported by Eigenlabs, and you use at your own risk.
- release of linux x86_32 bit binary (based on Debian 7.8) with Eigenharp support (experimental)
- release of linux x86_64 bit binary (built on Ubuntu 14.04) with Eigenharp support (experimental)
- release of experimental raspberry pi2 build (based on Linaro)
- support for MPE ( Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression)
- includes all my (technobear) agents with bug fixes/extensions
- new midi program chooser agent
- updated linux build
- various EigenD bug fixes
8 Jun 21:40 CET, updated linux builds (excluding PI2) to include VST support (experimental)
- installation/running of linux/Pi2 builds requires linux knowledge, hopefully we can document this, and make it as easy as others installs in a future release.
- scanning VSTs appears to hang on Linux, need to kill process manually