Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
This list is far from complete. Please feel free to add to this list!
- Synkhronos Extension to Theano for multi-GPU data parallelism
- Theano-MPI Theano-MPI a distributed framework for training models built in Theano based on data-parallelism.
- Platoon Multi-GPU mini-framework for Theano, single node.
- Elephas Distributed Deep Learning with Keras & Spark.
Cloud image, VM or container
GUI based interface
Tutorials and sample code
- Deep Learning Tutorials: A great intro to Theano. There's a companion website.
- Using convolutional neural nets to detect facial keypoints tutorial
- Bare bones introduction to machine learning
Libraries built on Theano
- Lasagne: a lightweight library to build and train neural networks in Theano, with a focus on feed-forward neural networks but there are extensions for RNNs including LSTMs.
- Keras: a minimalist, highly modular neural network library in the spirit of Torch.
- rllab: rllab is a framework for developing and evaluating reinforcement learning algorithms, fully compatible with OpenAI Gym.
- Blocks: a framework that helps you build neural network models on top of Theano. Includes RNNs.
- PyMC 3.0: Bayesian statistical modeling and model fitting which focuses on advanced Markov chain Monte Carlo fitting algorithms.
- DeepMedic: or brain lesion segmentation based on a multi-scale 3D Deep Convolutional Neural Network
- sklearn-theano: A sklearn interface for preprocessing using learnt models that use Theano.
- Downhill: Provides algorithms for minimizing scalar loss for Theano functions.
- Theano_lgpl: Theano extension that use lgpl code. See that page for a list what is add.
- Mariana: A machine learning framework that aims at greatly simplifying the writing and handling of neural networks (Especially deep ones).
- Passage: A little library for text analysis with RNNs.
- PyAutoDiff: Automatic differentiation for NumPy code.
- theano-rnn theano-rnn: Recurrent neural network implementation. (2 differents implementations)
- Morb: a modular RBM implementation in Theano
- MonteTheano: Sampling for directed graphical models, more probability distributions than in Theano itself.
- Ape(status alpha): Theano/MPI bridge which will also try to statically schedule the operation onto heterogeneous hardware.
- Crino: a neural-network library based on Theano
- Theanet: Theano based Convolutional Neural Network for image classification with Elastic Distortion & Noising of inputs, Dropout, Maxnorm Regularization, Softmax, Mixture of Gaussians outputs etc.
- Merlin: Merlin is a toolkit for building Deep Neural Network models for statistical parametric speech synthesis.
- Kaldi+PDNN Kaldi+PDNN builds state-of-the-art DNN acoustic models using the open-source Kaldi and PDNN toolkits
- Plato: A simplified API and deep learning library built on top of Theano. Includes MLPs, RBMs, Deep Belief Nets, LSTMs, Variational Autoencoders, Difference Target Prop, etc. Tutorial
- OpenDeep a Torch-like modular framework built on Theano with included models for CNNs, RBMs, RNNs, GSNs, LSTMs and more coming. Current status of the software is alpha.
- nnet-ts Neural network architecture for time series forecasting.
- pyfolio A Python library for performance and risk analysis of financial portfolios (use PyMC3 that use Theano)
- tmetrics A collections of metrics and loss functions written in Theano
- pymanopt Manifold optimization using Theano for gradient (and Hessian) calculations, and code ported from manopt for the optimization.
- ELEKTRONN A highly configurable toolkit with focus on high throughput analysis of large scale 2d and 3d images with convolutional neural networks e.g. in connectomics applications.
- deepy: a deep learning framework for designing models with complex architectures.
- Theano-Lights: a research framework based on Theano providing implementation of several recent Deep learning models and a convenient training and test functionality
- yann: a research framework and a toolbox on convolutional neural networks based on Theano with helpful tutorials for students to learn from.
Models (not all models, only a few. Frameworks based on Theano have more)
- NADE/RNADE Check the paper/code for RNADE
- Alex's conv net Alex Krizhevsky Conv net in Theano.
- RNN CTC
- Generate natural language descriptions for YouTube videos
- Variational Recurrent Neural Networks
- Transfer Learning
- Neural network that can generate natural images
- 2D Pose Estimation (ICLR 2014): Learning Human Pose Estimation Features with Convolutional Networks (http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.7302). Includes code to download and process data, train and test the model.
- Galaxy morphology prediction: winning solution for the Galaxy Zoo Challenge on Kaggle.
Toolkits / ops
- Artificial Dataset Generation: this dataset generation can be used to do emperical measurements of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Hessian Free: Code to implement Hessian-Free model
- Janus: Janus is a tool that allows NumPy and Theano to be used simultaneously with no additional code.
- Kaldi wrapper They require boost::python
Some specific function requested on the mailing list
- Nesterov's accelerated gradient
- Adam's optimizer Code to reproduce "Semi-Supervised Learning with Deep Generative Models" NIPS 2014 paper.
- GroundHog: An RNN framework.
- Pylearn2: A machine learning library.
- DeepANN: Deep ANN implementation.
- TheanoConv3d2d: (Now integrated in Theano) A GPU-friendly 3D convolution implementation based on Conv2D.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try a github search: