Thematic is a free, open-source, highly extensible, search-engine optimized WordPress theme, designed to be used as a parent theme to your child theme development. Whether a beginner, a designer or seasoned developer, Thematic provides a lot of functionality and a stable foundation to work from - featuring 13 widget-ready areas, styling for popular plugins, and a whole community behind it. It includes a sample child theme for rapid development.
More information can be found at thematictheme.com.
- You can clone the GitHub repository:
- Or download it directly as a ZIP file:
This will download the latest release of Thematic.
If you want to try out the development version, download the zip from the develop branch:
https://github.com/ThematicTheme/Thematic/archive/develop.zip This is not recommended for production sites, but helpful if you want to help test beta versions before release.
If you find an issue, let us know here!
This is a developer's portal for Thematic and should not be used for support. Please visit the support forums.
Anyone is welcome to contribute to Thematic. Please read the guidelines for contributing to this repository.
There are various ways you can contribute:
- Raise an Issue on GitHub
- Send us a Pull Request with your bug fixes and/or new features
- Translate Thematic into different languages. You can log in to our glotpress translation project with your forum account and start translating. Write a post in the forum if your language is missing or if you want to become a validator for a language and we will set it up.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on enhancements