Search and find free, open source Jekyll themes.
Adding a theme
- Fork this repo.
- Create up to 5 screenshots and put them in assets/screenshots/theme-name.
- Create a resized version of the main screenshot (to be used as the theme's thumbnail) saved as assets/screenshots/theme-name/thumbnail.jpg
- Copy theme-template.md from the repository root into _themes and rename it as theme-name.md
- Edit the YAML data in the file to reflect your theme (see below).
- Submit a pull request!
Screenshots must be 1366x768 pixels and saved as a JPG. Use Firefox's Responsive Design Mode to get the size exact.
The thumbnail screenshot must be resized to 640x360 at 85% quality and saved to assets/screenshots/theme-name/thumbnail.jpg
GIMP or ImageMagick can convert and resize the screenshots and thumbnail.
|title||The theme's title.|
|date||The current date.||Use YYYY-MM-DD format.|
|license||The theme's license.||Use an SPDX identifier when possible.|
|license_link||A link to the license.||A file in the theme's repository or SPDX link is recommended.|
|homepage||The theme's homepage.||Use the GitHub repository if none is available.|
|github||The theme maintainer's GitHub username.|
|repository||The theme's repository name.|
|gem||The Gem name if the theme is published on RubyGems. If not, remove this line.|
|demo||A link to the theme's demo website.|
|download||A direct link to download the theme.|
|screenshots||The list of screenshot filenames stored at assets/screenshots/theme-name.|
|description||A short description of the theme.|
|features||A list of features the theme supports.||See the current list on the ThemeJekyll website. You are also welcome to request a new one by adding it here.|
|categories||A list of categories the theme fits in.||Generally follows WordPress categories. See the current list on the ThemeJekyll website.|
|layouts||A list of layouts the theme supports.||1 Column, 2 Column, 3 Column, 4 Column, Grid|
|tags||A list of tags for the theme.||See the ThemeJekyll website.|
Themes must meet the following requirements to be accepted into ThemeJekyll:
- Works with Jekyll 3.0+
- Is activly maintained.
- Has a GitHub repository.
- Has an open source license.
- Has a working demo. (Please create a real demo, don't just use your personal blog.)