Mins To Read
Requires at least: WordPress 3.5.2
Let your readers know how much time the blog post gonnna take for reading. Mins To Read plugin calculates the read time of a blog post based on words present in it.
Mins To Read is a plugin which calculates the read time of a blog post based on words present in it. Automatically updates the read time based on the updates the blog post/article recieves.This plugin takes care of calculation of read time of all your existing blog posts in a single click. Apart from this, users can configure reading speed for their posts. Default positions available with custom class addition support for the same. Users can position the mins to read feature by functional calls in theme file.
- Calculate read time based on number of words in article/post.
- Calculate read time for existing posts in a single click
- Set read speed for articles.
- Read time will be updated according to the update of the post.
- Default positions available
- Addition of custom classes feasible
- Function calls for mins to read can be made from theme files
- If you have any particular idea on how the plugin should work, raise a ticket in support section.
- WordPress 3.5.2 or greater
- PHP 5.2.6 or greater (5.3 recommended, with scandir)
- MySQL 4.1.2 or greater (5.x recommended)
2.Upload the 'mins-to-read.zip' file from the Plugins->Add New page in the WordPress administration panel. 3.Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Mins To Read Work flow Explained
Once Mins To Read plug-in is installed and activated, users can see Mins To Read under Settings
A click on Mins To Read will lead you to a form which lets you to configure the plugin parameters.
- Users can set number of words per minute in this form
- Custom class is to provide custom css class to be applied on this feature.
- Click on Run will get you the read time for all your existing posts in single click.
= 1.0 =
- First commit to the WP repository.