[GSoC 2013] Create a VK.com plugin
Clone this wiki locally
Name: Denys Butenko
University: Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University
Location: Lugansk, Ukraine, UTC+02
##My coding skills I am a student at the Faculty Computer Science and Technology East Ukrainian National University Volodymyr Dahl. I have industry experience, primarily with PHP. I administrating website faculty for three years. Participated in the development department website with using CMS / CMF MODX Revolution. My github account is @thedarki
##Proposal ###Short description: VK is the largest European social network with more than a 100 million active users. The VK.com ThinkUp plugin will retrieve posts from vk.com user profiles and vk.com pages used VK API. During the crawl process, the vk.com plugin will retrieve posts on user profiles and pages and inserts them and their comments into the ThinkUp database...
##Proposed timeline I'm currently in my last semester and I have already completed all of my exams, therefore I can work full time on this project.
- May 27 – Jun 16 (3 weeks): Preparation period.
- Jun 17: Internship begins.
- Jun 17 – Jul 14 (4 weeks): Prototype of the vk.com plugin. All basic functionality of the plugin. Used to identify potential problems early on.
- Jul 15 – Aug 5 (3 weeks): Integration of the vk.com plugin into ThinkUp. Making sure there are no conflicts with the ThinkUp core functionality and other ThinkUp plugins.
- Jul 29 – Aug 2: Mid-term evaluation.
- Aug 5 – Sep 2 (4 weeks): Testing of plugin integration.
- Sep 2 – Sep 15 (2 weeks): Extra time buffer for unexpected events.
- Sep 16 – Sep 29 (2 week): Tidy up the code. Prepare for the release.
- Sep 23 – Sep 29: Final evaluation.
##Why ThinkUp? I admire ThinkUp for providing top-notch open source tools for developers.
ThinkUp is a very respected community. I would be proud to be a part of it.
I like the ThinkUp project idea a lot, I would like to contribute to make it even better.
##Get Set Up
- Install ThinkUp on your local or public web server and capture your social data. [success]
- Pull the git repository and run ThinkUp's test suite. If you need help, ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel. [success]
- Report success on the mailing list, and include a link to that report. success