Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Developer Guide: Manually Installing ThinkUp for Development Purposes
To contribute to ThinkUp, you will want to manually install the files direct from the source repository.
Manually Set Up ThinkUp
Here are installation guides by operating system.
- Installation: Dreamhost - How to install ThinkUp on Dreamhost. This applies to many common web hosting setups, even if you're not specifically on Dreamhost.
- Installation: Windows - Notes on installing ThinkUp on Windows.
- Installation: Mac OS X - How to install ThinkUp on a Mac.
- Installation: Local Computer - Notes on how to run ThinkUp on a local computer behind a firewall that's accessible on the public web.
- Working with ThinkUp and Git -- There are lots of good tips here for getting started.
Update Your Dev ThinkUp Installation
ThinkUp is under rapid development right now, so files change fast. If you used
git clone git://github.com/ginatrapani/ThinkUp.git
to get ThinkUp files initially, use
git pull origin master
to get updates.
If there's been a database migration since the last time you built your database (check the
db_migrations folder), run the SQL script against your database to update it.