Hatch is a base Rails application that you can upgrade. Hatch is a blatant cut and paste of Suspenders but customised for use by This is Hatch.
The fact that Hatch exists is an homage to Thoughtbot as so much of their open source is used in Hatch.
First install the hatch gem:
gem install hatch
hatch create projectname
This will create a Rails 3.1 app in `projectname'. This script creates a new new git repository. It is not meant to be used against an existing repo.
Hatch uses Trout to make it easier to maintain a base version of special files (like Gemfile) in Hatch.
Whenever you want to get the latest and greatest Hatch' Gemfile, run:
trout update Gemfile
To see the latest and greatest gems, look at Hatch' template/trout/Gemfile, which will be copied into your projectname/Gemfile.
It includes application gems like:
- Carrierwave for file uploads
- SimpleForm for better forms
- Kaminari for pagination
- Airbrake for exception notification
- Authlogic for authentication
- RoleModel for user roles
- CanCan for authorisation
And testing gems like:
- RSpec for awesome, readable isolation testing
- Factory Girl for easier creation of test data
- Shoulda Matchers for frequently needed Rails and RSpec matchers
- Timecop for dealing with time
- RR for Mocking, stubbing and spying
- Faker for Fake data
Hatch also comes with:
- Rails' flashes set up and in application layout.
- A few nice time formats.
See template/files to see what is generated one-time.
If you have problems, please create a Github issue.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
Hatch is a massive rip-off of Susbenders by thoughtbot, inc
Hatch is Copyright © 2011-2011 This is Hatch Ltd. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.