"CustoMaterial" Material Design Wordpress Theme
"CustoMaterial" is a fully responsive, highly performant and configurable Bootstrap-based Wordpress Theme following Googles "Material Design" Guidelines.
"CustoMaterial" is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2
- Full Bootstrap integration with all of Bootstraps Components modified to suit the Material Design principles.
- Highly performant. "CustoMaterial" ranks with around 95% on GTMetrix out-of-the-box.
- Nine fully configurable Widget-Areas:
- Hero Slider
- Static Hero
- Above OffCanvas Navigation
- Below OffCanvas Navigation
- Four Footer Widget Areads
- Fully customizable. From background image, topbar and countless others to every color setting with more than 120 Configuration options already included.
- Custom Post-Type "Portfolio" with custom metaboxes and embedded OWL2-Slider
- Semantically correct HTML5 and crossbrowser-compatibel CSS3.
- SEO-optimized code.
- Fully accessible. Passes almost every "A" rule of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines. (Yet to be optimized though..)
- Translation ready. German translation will follow soon.
ToDo - Soon come..
- German translation to be added.
- Final WCAG 2.0 optimization to fulfill AA-Level.
- Yoast-Seo support. Also supports Yoast-breadcrumbs.
- Custom Post Templates for Portfolio etc.
- Custom Metaboxes for certain Post-Types.
- Currently the GULP process is suboptimal. Needs urgent improvement!
Full Credit goes to Holger Könemann who built a solid foundation to "CustoMaterial" with his Wordpress Starter Theme "Understrap". Understrap integrates Automattics _s with Bootstrap, SCSS and has an optimized Workflow integrating Bower and GULP.
Credits go to the following projects and persons:
- Understrap: https://github.com/holger1411/understrap ()
- Kirki Customizer Toolkit: http://kirki.org (Code licensed under GPLv2 License)
- CMB2 Custom Metaboxes Framework: https://github.com/WebDevStudios/CMB2 (Code licensed under GPLv2 License)
- Bootstrap Material Design: https://github.com/FezVrasta/bootstrap-material-design (Code licensed under MIT License)
- Owl Carousel 2: http://www.owlcarousel.owlgraphic.com (Code licensed under MIT License)
- Font Awesome: http://fontawesome.io/license (Font: SIL OFL 1.1, CSS: MIT License)
- Download the "CustoMaterial" Package
- Upload it into your WordPress installation subfolder here: /wp-content/themes/
- Login to your WordPress backend
- Go to Appearance -> Themes
- Activate the "CustoMaterial" theme
- Go to the Customizer to customize "CustoMaterial" to your liking
How to use the built-in Widget Slider and the Static Hero?
The Frontpage Slider is Widget driven. Simply add more than one Widget to widget position "Hero Slider".
- Click on Appearance -> Widgets
- Add two or more widgets of any kind to widget area "Hero Slider"
- Thats all, folks..
If you just want a static Hero header or want a second below the Hero Slider, you should add a Widget to the "Static Hero" Widget.
March 1st, 2016
- *Update* WCAG 2.0 compliance
- *Update* Change Gulp-file for more flexibility. (Needs _urgent_ improvement now!)
- *Update* Update Kirki Customizer Framework and CMB2 Custom Metaboxes to latest version.
- *Update* Some layout improvements.
- *Update* Remove/improve some customizer illogicality.
- *Update* Default color changes in customizer.
- *Update* Update base language and translation strings.
- *Update* Integrate Yoast SEO Breadcrumbs into template if present.
- *Update* Improve 404 page output to better support grid and take advantage of it.
- *Update* Clean up and addons to SASS/CSS styles.
- *Fix* Fix layout of the search-button in the offcanvas navigation.
- *Fix* Offcanvas navigation top-offset. Support admin-bar offset.
- *NEW* Integrate sidebar-switch and fullwidth/boxed layout. Switching logic for columns implemented
- *NEW* Custom post-type "Portfolio" with embedded Owl-Slider and custom Metaboxes
February 24th, 2016
- Initial commit.
- Some improvements to match WCAG 2.0 guidelines.