A personal project exploring React Native, Realm, Redux & ReasonReact. (iOS only - Android WIP).
- Make sure you have React Native installed React Native Docs
- Make sure you have CocoaPods installed CocoaPods
- Clone repo
- Setup and install ReasonML and BuckleScript Guide
- Create a
.envfile in the project root
- Get a forecast.io API key and set
- Get a Google Places for iOS API key and set
.env. Get it here: Google Places iOS
- Navigate to
cd iosand run
- Compile ReasonReact components to js. Run
npm run buildor
yarn run build
- For iOS Run project using
- For Android run project using
- For additional logging run
react-native log-[platform], e.g.
react-native log-ioswhile running app in simulator/emulator.
About the project
Solar is a side-project created for the learning experience while sharing the result as the project develops. It started as an exploration of React Native, Realm and Redux. I then decided to convert the project file-by-file to ReasonML. I designed the application in Fall 2016, then built a prototype and then decided to try to build an actual working version that could not only benefit myself, but also others. Besides being on GitHub the actual application is also available in the iOS app store as
Solar Weather Collection.
- Google Places Autocomplete
- Jest Testing
- Styled Components
- React Native
- React Native Config
- React Native Drawer
- WIP - ReasonReact
- WIP - Android Support