Mirror Android notifications to VR.
This project, for now, is a quick hack. Things work, but aren't polished. I will have minimal (if any) access to a Windows development environment and an OpenVR HMD for the next couple of months, so certain updates (especially relating to the overlay) will be few and far between.
To get things up and running:
- Download and install SteamVR
- Connect and setup your OpenVR HMD (Vive, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Download and install the latest version of the desktop application
- Download and install the Android app from the Play Store
- Follow directions within the desktop application to connect the app
Zephyr exposes a relatively simple API over WebSockets and HTTP to allow other tools to display notifications. Check out the wiki for full details.
Contributions are gladly accepted! Check out Zephyr's contribution guidelines for more info.
This project was created out of a desire to learn more about OpenVR's SDK and to address a glaring omission from the Vive's phone service. Currently the Vive will display incoming texts, calls, and calendar events over Bluetooth but does not mirror other notifications (such as those from other chat apps).
As an added bonus, the project is open source and works with all OpenVR HMDs!