Clone this wiki locally
Database Library is a Robot Framework "Robot Framework Home") test library that provides common funtionality for testing database contents. Please see the Library Documentation for more information on the provided keywords.
This library is written in Java using JDBC for accessing the database. Therefore a lot of different databases can be supported if a proper JDBC-driver is available for that database. The Compatibility Matrix shows which databases have already been tested using this library. But please note that you can also use other databases (and let me know ;)), even though its not yet on the list.
Beside the JAR-File provided for this library you need to download and add the JAR-File of your JDBC-driver to the Java Classpath before starting your Robot-Tests. Then jybot must be used for starting the test to support the Java Libraries. More information on this topic can be found from the Framework User Guide.
The following table lists some examples of drivers and connection strings for some popular databases.
- Driver Name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- Sample Connection String: jdbc:mysql://servername/dbname
- Driver Name: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
- Sample Connection String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@servername:port:dbname
You can find the projects external GitHub Homepage here. That page contains the most relevant information for pure users.
Please download the Robot Framework Database Library from here.
- Enables testing the contents of database tables and views
- Allows to clean-up tables by deleting its content
- Spot-check concrete data for certain rows in certain tables
- Check for proper setting of transaction isolation level
- Support for various databases due to the usage of Java JDBC
- Combine with other test libraries to test applications end-to-end
- 2013-03-01 Moved downloads to Google Code page
2012-01-27 Moved to GitHub to re-start develoment
- 2010-02-26 Database Library Release 1.0 released
- 2010-02-26 Welcome Fabian as a committer for this project :-)
2010-02-25 Updated the Library Documentation (this is work in progress, comments are welcome :))