Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Implementations notes normalization #213

Closed
RogerRiggs opened this Issue Jan 16, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
2 participants
Contributor

RogerRiggs commented Jan 16, 2013

The prevailing understanding of "implementation notes" is that they are informative, not normative. "Specification for implementors" sections do not require separate sections, they are normal normative requirements for the behavior.
These sections should be reviewed and normalized to be consistent with JDK documentation practices.

Owner

jodastephen commented Jan 16, 2013

There are no more "implementation notes" on public classes.

The remaining "specification for implementors" are designed to be separate from the majority of the documentation as they are only of interest to the 1% of developers that will implement an API or a JDK. Merging that text into the rest is a severe dis-service to the 99%.

Owner

jodastephen commented Mar 31, 2013

Our sections should almost certainly be @ implspec as per http://marc.info/?l=openjdk-lambda-libs-spec&m=135968599721805&w=2

Contributor

RogerRiggs commented Apr 2, 2013

The support for @ implSpec, etc is not firmly spec'd and not available yet; stay with < h3 > until it is.

Contributor

RogerRiggs commented Apr 19, 2013

Support for @implspec expected in B88 updating to use @implspec, @implnote in classes and methods.
Keeping

in package-info.java files.
Resolved by http://hg.openjdk.java.net/threeten/threeten/jdk/rev/fee6670b8e43

@RogerRiggs RogerRiggs closed this Apr 19, 2013

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment