Safe My work
SafeMyWork save all files in the given directory into another directory to keep your work safe and avoid loosing data and time.
What for ?
SafeMyWork is intend for people who handle lot of files which can be texts, images, songs... The aim is to avoid losing documents.
Run SafeMyWork and select your working folders. Then while you are working, every a certain amount of time, all files in this folder will be copying into a separated folder. It keeps your files safe if you forget to save your work or delete accidentally files.
It can also synchronise two folders.
Current version is 0.5
- watch different directories
- specify directories, files and extensions to exclude
- interface (gtk)
- automatic saving tab
- sychronisation tab
- conflicts file resolution
- confirm dialog
- safe mode:
- 3 Go maximum folder size to copy
- 250 maximum shown conflicts in conflicts dialog
- files in confirm dialog in a ListView widget with toggle buttons
- Conflict dialog: be able to keep the two files*
- Add unit tests
- dialog for errors (sync)
- show the size to estimate how long will it take
- show the size of safe_doc
- 3 Go limit in settings
- PEP 471 : use of os.scandir instead of walk
- make an history of each files
- compress files
- add little icon to symbolize file explorer in open folder buttons
Launch the app
You will need to have Sphinx installed.
python3 -m pip install sphinx_rtd_theme for the ReadTheDocs theme.
To build the doc:
git clone email@example.com:Thykof/SafeMyWork.git cd SafeMyWork cd docs build html
The documentation is in
SafeMyWork is under the GNU GPL v3 license.