Shell script to install an PIVX Masternode on a Linux server running Ubuntu 16.04 and above.
This will require a VPS running Ubuntu 16.04 or higher and installs PIVX Core 3.1.1.
Log into the server using ssh (Putty for windows or terminal for Mac users) and run the following commands: Please consider using my vultr affiliate link if you do not have a VPS yet... https://www.vultr.com/?ref=7221480
Desktop wallet setup
After the MN is up and running, you need to configure the desktop wallet accordingly. Here are the steps for Windows/Mac Wallet:
- Open the PIVX Core Wallet.
- Go to RECEIVE and create a New Address: MN01
- Send 10,000 PIVX to MN01.
- Wait for 15 confirmations before starting the node.
- Go to Help -> "Debug window - Console"
- Type the following command: masternode outputs
- Open masternode.conf from the following folder %appdata%\pivx (windows) or ~/Library/Application Support/ (hidden folder for Mac users)
- Add the following entry:
Alias Address Genkey TxHash Output_index
- Alias: MN01
- Address: VPS_IP:51472
- Genkey: Masternode GenKey
- TxHash: First value from Step 6
- Output index: Second value from Step 6 It can be 0 or 1
- Click OK and exit the Wallet.
- Open PIVX Core Wallet, go to Masternode Tab.
- Click Update status to see your node. If it is not shown, close the wallet and start it again.
- Click Start All or Start Alias
- If you are not able to see your Masternode, try to close and open your desktop wallet.
pivx-cli masternode status
Also, if you want to check/start/stop PIVX , run one of the following commands as root:
systemctl status PIVX #To check the service is running.
systemctl start PIVX #To start PIVX service.
systemctl stop PIVX #To stop PIVXr service.
systemctl is-enabled PIVX #To check whether PIVX service is enabled on boot or not.