This should provide a set of simple shell scripts which may help setting your Debian Squeeze VPS.
- Download: wget -q https://github.com/downloads/TigersWay/VPS/vps-0.5.tar.gz --no-check-certificate -O - | tar xz
- Run: bash vps.sh
You will then find 3 main options:
- minimal (Light Debian server + SSH)
- basics (hostname, timezone, APT sources)
- lowendbox (LEA style: syslogd, xinetd, dropbear)
and a set of different commands:
- lamp ((Apache + MySQL(MyISAM) + PHP5-FPM)
- lemp (nginx + MySQL(MyISAM) + PHP5-FPM)
- domain <[subdomain.]domain.tld>
- polipo (Light-weight SOCKS & HTTP proxy)
- tinyproxy (DEPRECATED Light-weight HTTP/HTTPS proxy)
- pptp (Tunneling)
As a developer, I personally first run
bash vps.sh basics lowendbox which gives me a light (~ 5M) box, then
bash vps.sh dotdeb apache nginx mysql phpfmp domain dev.example.com and I am then able to switch apache and nginx anytime with
bash vps.sh nginx or
bash vps.sh apache.
- detect OpenVZ
- separate DotDeb source
- squeeze-proposed-updates to squeeze-updates
- BuyVM's mirrors
- now shows guarantee/burst memory.
- new echo style
- tinyproxy deprecated
- polipo = new proxy with tunneling capabilities
Copyright (c) 2012 Benoit Michaud / Tiger's Way
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.