This is the code behind timstallard.me.uk, which is built using Docpad.
- You'll need Node and npm to be installed
- Install dependencies, by running
- Automagically compile the site and run a web server using
npm run run
You'll need to use
docpad.cmd instead of
docpad on Windows, due to an bug, since a plain js docpad config file is being used, rather than coffeescript.
npm run commands, simply append
-win to the command name to reference
To compile the site for deployment:
npm run buildto remove existing files from development, and to generate the site in the correct mode
- Copy contactsubmit/conf.example.php to contactsubmit/conf.php, and update options as required
Setting up commenting system
- These instructions are written for systemd-based Ubuntu, but should work fine on Debian as well. For security reasons, the installation of isso should be done under another user account - I made an account called isso.
- This site uses the Isso commenting system - to start, follow the install instructions on the isso site
- Add a /etc/isso.conf file with the required options
- Make the directory and file /var/lib/isso and /var/log/isso.log, and make both of these owned by the isso user
- Copy the systemd service and socket files from here, to /lib/systemd/systemd, and add the socket as a requirement of the service
- Enable the isso service
- Configure your reverse proxy, and set the isso_url variable in docpad.js
© Tim Stallard 2016