Tinkurlab's Anycubic Kossel Linear 3D Printer
This repo contains code and docs for Tinkurlab's Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 3D Printer.
- Marlin Firmware
- Simplify 3D 3D slicing and printing
- Thingiverse 3D 3D model sharing
- TinkerCad 3D 3D model creation and editing
- Octoprint remote GUI for monitoring and printer control
- The Spaghetti Detective remote job monitoring and safety
As of April 2020, all calibration is done in firmware to facilitate a completely "from code" programming and adjustment.
Using the https://github.com/TinkurLab/Kossel-Anycubic-Marlin-Firmware repo, update
Configuration_adv.has needed. Refer to Marlin Firmware Configuration as needed. Note: most changes are suffixed with
//Adamto indicate a change.
Compile the code to upload firmware changes to printer via the Arduino IDE. Settings:
- Tools > Board > Arduino / Genduino Mega or Mega 2560
- Port >
- Baud Rate >
After uploading, run a
M502to reset EEPROM to factory settings,
M500to save to EEPROM, and
M503to show current settings in SRAM.
Run a test print.
Height and Geometry Calibration
- Attach the leveling proble to the printer and use
G33 V2to measure Delta geometry. Use the serial connection from the Arduino IDE or Simplify 3D to execute commands. After running
G33 V2, this will output the new calibration settings via the serial connection. Copy these values and update in firmware as needed (normally
M303to tune PID settings for extruder and
M303 E-1to tune bed and update in firmware as needed.
- Ensure that @ Z = 0, there is slight tension when sliding a piece of paper between the printer bed and nozzle.
Thermal Protection Calibration
- Update in firmware as needed. See Marlin Thermal Protection in Depth.
Important settings in Simplify 3D:
For 1.75mm diameter PLA
- Extruder Temp: 200F
- Bed Temp 60F
- Layer Height: 0.1 to 0.2mm
- First Layer Speed: 30%
- First Layer Height: 150%
- First Layer Width 150%
- Solid Infill Underspeed: 50%
- Infill: 15 - 30% depending on project; default 20%
- Supports: as needed
- Brim: mostly always, 3x 5mm offset
- Raft: as needed
Also see backup settings files in
/settings in this repo.
Quirks and Known Issues
- Extruder set to 200C will drop to 190C when fan starts. May further drop to 185C or < if doing 100% infill at full speed. Perhaps a better thermistor and heating element would help. Could also further experiment with tweaking print settings. Reducing the sold infill speed (ex 33 - 50%), raising the temperature (ex 220C), etc may help.