Semantic Image Annotator
The repository contains the Semantic Image Annotator extension for Semantic MediaWiki. The extension provides a plugin for capturing Image Annotations in Semantic MediaWiki of Uploaded Image Files.
Click here for a Demo.
Table of content
- Annotator setup
- Related Extensions
- Download and extract the repository
- Place the extracted folder in your extension folder of MediaWiki
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'SemanticImageAnnotator' );
- To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier: Add the folloding at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Go to Special Pages and Click on Semantic Image Annotator under the Group Annotation
- Remark: Only Users with sysops rights are allowed to access the page.
- Click on the Install button to setup Semantic Image Annotator and refresh the Special Page
- You can now Link PageForms to Annotation-Categories by using the Table on Special Page.
- Go to an uploaded Image File (In the NameSpace 6)
- On the top appears the Annotate Image Button. Click on it to start the Annotation Mode
- Afterwards you can select an area. Afterwards appears a popup
- You can enter a Comment to the Annotation and select an Annotation-Category (Linked by using the Special Page)
- Remark: If the user has no permission to create/edit pages. Then the popup is disabled.
- A popup appears to enter additional information, based on the selected PageForm
- Click on save to store the annotation.
- Mouseover an annotation. A popup appears. Click on the Edit button.
- Mouseover an annotation. A popup appears. Click on the Delete button.
- The annotations are stored in a structured way.
- Every annotated Image has its own overview page (Annotation:PAGENAME) which lists all annotations.
- The following figure shows the query for listing all Pages for a certain Wiki page.
The Semantic Image Annotator is currently under the MIT License.
The idea of the Semantic Image Annotator is based on a by Felix Obenauer. For the Semantic Image Annotator is the JS Library annotorious used. Thank you to Roger Appleby and Karsten Hoffmeyer for supporting the extension and provding bug fixes.
- Semantic Text Annotator
- Planned: Semantic Video Annotator
- Planned: Semantic PDF Annotator