Basic Vagrant setup with provisioning by Puppet
Vagrant Box Details
Ubuntu Lucid x86 with LAMP
- Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
- PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.21
- MySQL Server version: 5.1.72-0ubuntu0.10.04.1 (Ubuntu)
- Download and install required software
- Fork this repository
- Clone forked repository
- Run terminal and execute
- After provisioning, server should be ready to use.
- To test Apache, visit localhost:8080 in a browser.
- Make a change to
./src/index.html, save it and reload the test page. If you see your change, everything is working.
- When done working, issue a
./srcdirectory is set up as a shared folder and is the web server document root. This means that changes you make to files under
./src, on your host computer are instantly viewable by reloading the page in your browser.
- The default mysql username and password are
- Mysql server is remotely accessible via port 8889
- To SSH into the Lucid box, try this command from terminal:
$ ssh -l vagrant -p 2222 localhost
- When prompted, enter the password
vagrant. The vagrant user has su privilege.
- Resist the urge to update any of the software on the VM manually. Updating software should be done via Puppet.
If you get this message when trying to start up vagrant-puppet-lamp:
The guest machine entered an invalid state while waiting for it to boot. Valid states are 'starting, running'. The machine is in the 'poweroff' state. Please verify everything is configured properly and try again.