This release has 3 new features. Root quantisation, Scala tuning file support and long press button to reboot.
Both Root Pot and CV quantisation can be turned off with the !FREEROOT setting which has 3 variations :
The first turns off pitch cv quantisation, the 2nd is the pot, the third turns off both.
Scala Tuning file support.
To load a custom tuning you will need to add a TUNING.SCL file onto the SD card.
The contents must be in scala format http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/
The scala site has a download of over 4500 tuning files here :
The procedure is
- LOAD the 0.6 Beta Firmware
- find an scl file you want to use, e.g. riley_albion.scl
- copy it to the SD card and rename it to TUNING.SCL
- restart your chord organ
Long Press WAVEFORM to reboot
If you hold the WAVEFORM button for over 5 seconds the module will reboot
- Webpage to generate config file: http://polyfather.com/chord_organ/
- 1v/Oct scaling working, with custom note range option.
- Generate the chord list from a midi file. Easier chord writing.
- Now with 12 waveforms! (3 pages to scroll through)
- Arbitrary wavetable loading work is complete. Some of the alternative waveforms are now wavetables. Work now needs to be done to let user load their own.
- Double first 4 voices. Stack the 8 oscillators as two pairs of 4 (with some static ’slop’ to add mild chorusing).
- Glide option. Glide between note or chord changes.
- SD card isn’t needed unless you want to edit defaults. Default chord list and settings are now loaded from firmware.
- Voice 8 hanging note bug fixed.
- Decoupled Root CV and Root Knob so they both use their own full range