Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the "node-stream-stack" wiki!
Q: What is the
StreamStack class by itself isn't all the useful. However, it makes it easy to implement protocols or "filters" on top of low-level Streams, in a way that is independent on the type of underlying Stream. See the list of subclasses below, to see how
StreamStack can be used when subclassed.
Known StreamStack subclasses:
- node-http-stack - Implementation of the HTTP protocol. Can be used for both client and server.
- node-gzip-stack - StreamStack to encode or decode Gzip data transparently.
- node-icecast-stack - Module to easily inject or parse-out Icecast "metadata" from an otherwise normal audio stream.
- node-modbus-stack - Implementation of the MODBUS protocol. Currently only over TCP; serial support someday.
node-multipart-stack - Parse HTTP or SMTP Multipart data into smaller "parts" that are
- node-http-unchunk-stack - Prevent an HTTP-Response from ever using chunked encoding.
If you have a subclass, add it to the list!