Burrow is an attempt to rapidly build a "Flappy-Bird" like game in a short period of time. I gave myself one weekend when I had little homework to build a complete game. I took the base libraries that I developed for Arcis and completely rewrote them. With that system in place I was quickly able to product a full game that was both visually appealing and had a balanced and enjoyable feel to it.
- Scaling Viewport (with letterboxing)
- Arcis used a view that simply stretched to meet the screen size. I wanted to create something that would letter box and display better.
- Updated Input System --> Redesigned Touch Event Methods
- Improved Button Objects
- Rapid Development (1 day)
- Fun. --> I wanted to design something with a much smaller learning curve. Arcis' curve is huge.
Unlike Arcis, this was a much much smaller project. I tested locally and on the phones of two or three friends before deploying. I was immediately notified via Google Play of another error and was able to quickly correct it
All Rights Reserved © Nathan Tornquist 2014