Total RP 3
Download on CurseForge.
“I recently switched over to Total RP 3 and it is so much better! […] Total RP 3 is probably the best [roleplay add-on] that I found.”
— Anne Stickney @Shadesogrey, in Blizzard Watch — Episode 95
Senior Editor and Lore Columnist for the Blizzard Watch website
- Join us on Discord!
- Avoid losing all your profiles: sync up your saved data to an online storage. Here’s a guide!
- Don't know how to install an add-on? Check our installation guide!
- Check out Myth's excellent TRP3 guide for an in depth tour of the add-on's features. Big thanks to him!
Total RP 3 aims to be the best way to customize, describe and drive your role-play interactions, by combining the powerful customization features from Total RP 2, new features requested by our users and a greatly improved user interface designed with usability in mind. With this add-on, you can fully customize all the information about your characters and companion (pets, battle pets, mounts), like the name, the description or even attach an image to represent them.
Our goal is to bring back the simplicity and user-friendliness of add-ons like MyRolePlay but without sacrificing your freedom when defining your roleplay characters and adding neat features that you'll never want to live without anymore.
Total RP 3 can understand and exchange data with roleplay addons like MyRolePlay and XRP, allowing you to consult profiles coming from these addons seamlessly.
Total RP 3 is also a fully modular add-on. You can choose exactly which features you want to use and won't be bothered by a complex user interface if you don't want to.
- You can customize your characters and companions (battle pets, pets, and mounts) with a powerful profile system and quickly switch between profiles.
- Keep track of all characters and companions you met with the directory, a repository of profiles you have encountered.
- Locate other Total RP 3 users on the world map to see where people tend to gather. You can decide to appear on the map or not, or even appear only if you are in character.
- A customizable target frame, allowing you to easily access useful interactions for your roleplay target (see their profile, play their theme song).
- Chat customizations like OOC and emote chat coloring as well as full role-play names using custom colors in the chat. (Details on Chat Formatting)
- NPC speeches to make an NPC say or do something during an event.
- Total RP 3 can communicate with MyRolePlay, XRP and other MSP add-ons so you can view other players information even if they are using another roleplaying add-on.
- A customizable toolbar with useful actions like switching from switching from one profile to another, switching from IC to OOC, from AFK to DND, switching languages, and more!
- Import your existing profiles from Total RP 2, MyRolePlay or XRP. (Tutorial)
- Mature profile filtering to warn you before opening profiles that may contain mature content.
- Are you a new role-player? Check out this great beginners guide to Total RP 3 by Dizhon!
- Here's a video from Kraken Latte detailing the basics of Total RP 3, including the setup and backing up of your profiles.
Total RP 3 modules spotlight
Total RP 3: Extended, by Kajisensei & Ellypse
This awesome module brings the new creation system. Create items, readable documents, campaigns with quests, customized NPCs and dialogs, loots. Use the inventory system to show items you are wearing and inspect other players' inventory. Create stashes that other players will be able to inspect. Trade items with other players safely thanks to our security level system that allows you to define authorizations per item and be sure you won't suddenly shout weird stuff because of a cursed item!
TRP3 Currently Frame, by tammymg
Adds a standalone frame to your UI that displays your "Currently" text and allows you to edit it easily.
TRP3 Location Toggle, by iMintty_
Adds a simple button to the toolbar to toggle on and off the map scan location feature.
Total RP 3 for add-on developers
Want to integrate your addon with Total RP 3, or create your own module? Check out the wiki for a look into TRP3's public API, and a look into how Total RP 3 works.