How to use Tokenization build / release tasks
Install from the Marketplace
Follow the below steps to upload this task to your account:
- Download the tasks repo as [zip file] or clone it using git:
- Extract the zip file of the desired task
- Open command prompt and navigate to the folder that contains a json and powershell files.
Install / Upload Custom Task
*Follow instructions on how to upload the task using - https://github.com/TotalALM/VSO-Tasks
How to use
- Add a new task and select Tokenization.
|Source Path||"Source path to start looking recursively for the TargetFileName that contains the tokens (). These patterns will be replaced with user-defined variables.||Yes|
|Target Filenames||The target filenames (comma-delimited) that have tokens replaced by user-defined variables. Wild card searching is support. Example: Web.config or *.config or Settings.xml, *.config||Yes|
|Recursive Search||Recursively Search through all folders in the Source Path||Yes|
|Token Placeholder Start||The token place holder at the front of the variable name. ||Yes|
|Token Placeholder End||The token place holder at the end of the variable name. ||Yes|
- Add your environment variables
- If your Web.config has a value 'Environment' you would only enter the 'Environment' leaving out the '__' at the beginning and end.
- Simply check the lock if you wish to encrypt the value. Decryption will happen automatically and requires no extra effort.