When cloning this repo, make sure you also clone all submodules. You can achieve that by using
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Tox/tox.chat
Make sure you have the following installed
|Name||Version used by the server|
Edit templates and static assets at
All templates, except the ones starting with
_, are turned into HTML files.
This will put HTML files into
public/ and static assets into
Run a simple web server that will automatically re-generate HTML whenever you change something
make devserver_start make devserver_stop
- Open a PR with changes you want to make for others to review, don't push them directly as all changes to master go live
- Don't make website pull assets from CDNs or other places, keep everything local
- Before working on fixing an issue, double check there is no ongoing fork fixing it
- When fixing an issue, post a comment saying that you are doing so, to save the confusion
- All images should be optimized for web: resonable resolution and size, stripped metadata, etc.
- Use tabs over spaces for HTML indentation
I want to add translation for the website
The website doesn't have multilingual support at the moment, but it's planned to add it, so check again later!
I want my client to be listed on your website
Since recently, we require clients to comply with Tox Client Standard (TCS) to be added to our website. We don't enforce that for the clients that were added to the website before the requirement, but we expect them to get TCS compliant over time.
Once your client is TCS compliant, you can open an Issue/PR for the client addition.
Note that a client doesn't have to be TCS compliant to be added to our Wiki.