Docker PHP-FPM 7.2 & Nginx 1.14 on Alpine Linux
Example PHP-FPM 7.2 & Nginx 1.14 setup for Docker, build on Alpine Linux. The image is only +/- 35MB large.
- Built on the lightweight and secure Alpine Linux distribution
- Very small Docker image size (+/-35MB)
- Uses PHP 7.2 for better performance, lower cpu usage & memory footprint
- Optimized for 100 concurrent users
- Optimized to only use resources when there's traffic (by using PHP-FPM's ondemand PM)
- The servers Nginx, PHP-FPM and supervisord run under a non-privileged user (nobody) to make it more secure
- The logs of all the services are redirected to the output of the Docker container (visible with
docker logs -f <container name>)
- Follows the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid) to make it easy to understand and adjust the image
Breaking changes (26/01/2019)
Please note that the new builds since 26/01/2019 are exposing a different port to access Nginx. To be able to run Nginx as a non-privileged user, the port it's running on needed to change to a non-privileged port (above 1024).
The last build of the old version that exposed port 80 was
Start the Docker container:
docker run -p 80:8080 trafex/alpine-nginx-php7