How to use
There are two ways how to install templates into your Visual Studio.
For easiest way, click on Releases and download latest release VSIX package and import it into Visual Studio. After that, you will have all Sitecore templates available in your Visual Studio.
Sitecore Project templates
Project templates in source code includes Visual Studio 2017 compatible project templates for use in "New solution wizard", and can be used for manual import of project templates in Visual Studio. They are also used as source for creation of wizards.
VSIX project which produces VSIX package for import templates into visual studio by automated way.
Currently prepared project versions covers following Sitecore versions:
- Sitecore 8.2 Update 3 (8.2 rev. 170407)
- Sitecore 8.2 Update 4 (8.2 rev. 170614)
- Sitecore 8.2 Update 5 (8.2 rev. 170728)
- Sitecore 9.0 Initial release (9.0 rev. 171002)
- Sitecore 9.0 Update 1 (9.0 rev. 171219)
Every project has configured following features
- Configured TDS projects for master and core databases
- Configured code generation based on TDS content into Model project (in separate assembly)
- web.config files taken from plain sitecore installation, excluded from publishing
- Ready for publishing over existing website (during creation of publish profile you must disable deleting old content)
References to 3rd party libraries are held via references to appropriate NuGet packages.
In general, every project contains following references:
- appropriate versions of Sitecore libraries (Kernel, Logging, Zip, Mvc, Update, Zip) via Sitecore nuget feed
- actual version of Glass Mapper
- appropriate versions of ASP.NET MVC libraries (MVC, Razor, WebPages) corresponding with MVC libraries distributed with given version of sitecore
Project blueprints configured in accordance with Sitecore Helix, which will (in opposition to Sitecore.Habitat project) use Visual Studio builtin features instead of GULP.