ELIXIR Staff Exchange Programme
You can apply directly in the TtT course's application form, by answering "yes" to the questions on the ELIXIR Staff Exchange Programme.
The ELIXIR Staff Exchange Programme will support the exchange of trainers between ELIXIR Nodes. This will help build the ELIXIR trainers’ community, strengthen the links between ELIXIR Nodes and facilitate training capacity building across the ELIXIR infrastructure. The Exchange Programme will provide TtT participants with the opportunity to apply for two kinds of travel grants:
Travel grant Type 1
- Purpose: To enable successful applicants to attend an TtT course as a trainee.
- Number of travel grants: Up to 3 grants will be available for each TtT course.
- Eligible applicants: TtT course participants.
Travel grant Type 2
- Purpose: To enable successful applicants to travel to a different Node to participate in the delivery of a bioinformatics course as a trainer, thus practicing the skills acquired in the TtT course.
- Number of travel grants: Up to 8 grants will be available for each TtT course.
- Eligible applicants: TtT course completers (TtT participants who have attended an TtT course in full).
The travel grant can only be used to cover travel costs and accommodation. The funding cannot be used to cover salaries, bursaries or administrative costs.
Expenses will be reimbursed after the event, by completing a Visitor Expense Claim Form, signed and supported with original receipts. The form must be posted to the address indicated on the form. Expenses should be submitted within one month of course attendance. For further details about expenses reimbursement, please contact email@example.com.
Travel grant Type 1:
- Travel grants can be used to travel to another Node or from different locations within the same node, provided the distance between the two locations is large enough to justify the request of a travel grant.
- Applicants must have already been selected for a TtT course.
Travel grant type 2:
- Travel grants can only be used to travel to another Node.
- Applicants must have attended an TtT course as trainee in the previous twelve months.
Priority will be given to:
- Applicants who can demonstrate their involvement in the training activities of their local Node (proven by a letter/email from the Node’s Training Coordinator).
- Applicants from Nodes that are most in need of funds and/or new trainers, or would like to expand training but have too small a cohort of trainers (proven by a statement from the Node’s Training Coordinator). Travel grant type 1:
- Applicants from Nodes that have not sent trainees to any previous TtT course. Exceptions may be made if the course attended had a different format.
- Applicants who have not previously attended a TtT course. Travel grant type 2:
- Applicants who have an invitation from a course organiser or experienced trainer to teach in a bioinformatics course scheduled to take place within an ELIXIR node within twelve months after the end of the TtT course.