Traincraft - A mod for Minecraft
Here you will find the source code for the Traincraft 1.12.2 rewrite.
Don't ask for release dates or beta builds. Unless you are a developer you should get your builds from curse.
Regarding new features/behavior changes, or if you have found any bugs, please submit a new issue to the issue tracker for it, or add your findings to an existing issue if someone else has already made one. This helps keep everything organized while saving time and effort.
- Join the Discussion!
- Official Links
- What is Traincraft?
- Why did Mrbrutal opensource Traincraft?
- Licensing and rules, READ THIS PART ESPECIALLY
Join the Discussion!
If you wish to contact the original developers, you can contact Mr. Brutal on twitter https://twitter.com/Mrbrutall or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to join the live chat, head over to our (new) Public Discord chat. Also, there was the old server - pre July 14th, 2020. And, of course, be sure to check out the issues tab here on GitHub.
- Main Site and Downloads: http://www.traincraft-mod.com
- Brutal's Blog: http://blog.meansoft.si
- Our Blog: https://traincraft-mod.blogspot.com
- Old wiki: http://wiki.meansoft.si
- Brutal's IRC: #Traincraft on Esper.net - Currently not used
- Curse For Downloads: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
- 1.7.10 Forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2738593-traincraft
- Discord live chat (active) https://discord.gg/hdHkAwJ (old server: https://discord.gg/SgpnCnK)
What is Traincraft?
Traincraft alters the looks of and adds new functionality to various aspects of the game. It adds over 80 trains, wagons, and other vehicles as well as a new railway system with curved tracks and slopes.
Traincraft was originally created by Spitfire4466, then jointly developed with Mrbrutal, and subsequently maintained by Mrbrutal. In June 2020 canitzp has been declared as an owner too.
Traincraft has had well over 1,000,000 downloads and has been in development since Minecraft 1.1.0 (and even earlier).
Why did Mrbrutal post the Source Code?
As of late, Spitfire4466 and Mrbrutal have had little time to work on Traincraft. Open-sourcing the mod was the only viable option that would ensure it's continuation. Message from Mrbrutal: I have never open-sourced a project on this level or size, and am a bit hesitant to do so. However, in the hopes that we can make Traincraft great again (no this is not a Trump reference) and that I can still be a part of this, I have open-sourced both versions of Traincraft here on Github. Anyone that is willing to contribute can contribute as long as they have signed the CLA (scroll down).
The Traincraft project welcomes contributions from anyone, provided they have signed the Contributor Licensing Agreement (CLA) found here.
- To start developing, fork this branch (e.g.:
git clone https://github.com/Traincraft/Traincraft) and import the build.gradle file as project into your ide.
- After Forge is done setting everything up, you have to run
gradlew genVCRunsto generate the correct run files.
- Before running, you have to manually add the "TrackAPI" mod to the "mods" directories under "run" and "run_server" (you may have to create the mods folder).
- If you are using IntelliJ, you will need to go to File -> Settings -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Build Tools -> Gradle and change the "Build and Run Using" and "Run Tests Using" to IntelliJ
- (Also for IntelliJ) Then go to File -> Project Structure and set the compiler output path to the build folder
- (Still IntelliJ) Finally, File -> Invalidate Caches/Restart and hit Invalidate and Restart.
- This should fix the issue with resources going into the wrong place
- For more information on getting set up, read the Forge Getting Started page
- Code files (.java) should have a copyright header and the @author and @since tag. @author is the name of the contributer (you), while @since should be the current date in ISO-8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD). Copyright is the first thing in the class, even before the package name. Here is the default layout (works in IntelliJ):
Traincraft Copyright (c) 2011-$today.year. This file ("$file.fileName") is part of the Traincraft mod for Minecraft. It is created by all people that are listed with @author below. It is distributed under LGPL-v3.0. You can find the source code at https://github.com/Traincraft/Traincraft