Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
This addresses the following issues:
NOTES FROM THE PREVIOUS RELEASE STILL APPLIES. In short, download
TranslucentTB-setup.exe and close version 3 before upgrading from it.
- A couple of CPicker crashes
- Task Manager and general slowdowns while TranslucentTB is open
- Settings aren't being saved on shutdown
- Softkills (
taskkill /im TranslucentTB.exe) now works
- Added save settings context menu entry
- If you download from GitHub, download
TranslucentTB-setup.exe. The other four downloads are debugging symbols and source code archives to aid developers.
- Please close the older TranslucentTB version before upgrading. See the changelog for the reason why.
I am proud to announce, after a year-long hiatus, the next release of TranslucentTB! This version is also available freely on the Microsoft Store. By downloading it from the Microsoft Store for free, you benefit from background auto-updates for future releases and settings sync between devices at no additional cost.
- Command line arguments have been removed, the config file and dynamic windows blacklist now resides in
%AppData%\TranslucentTB(and are backwards compatible with V3) and pretty much everything is configurable via the tray icon context menu.
- Fixed an issue where the config wouldn't load at startup.
- New integrated color picker.
- Added Fluent taskbar mode.
- Fixed bug where UWP apps would make dynamic windows get "stuck" in the maximized state.
- New dynamic modes: dynamic Timeline and dynamic Cortana.
- Improved reliability of dynamic Start.
- Each dynamic state has now its own color and effect customization instead of being hard-coded to a mode.
- This release and the new color picker are per-monitor high DPI aware. The context menu shouldn't look tiny anymore on high DPI monitors.
- We switched from an event to a mutex for single-instance detection. This also allows the installer to detect when TranslucentTB is running. When upgrading, it is required to close the older version before as it will cause a invalid handle error while trying to open the new version. This is because events and mutexes share the same namespace in the kernel object manager (as such a mutex cannot have the same name than an event, because they would conflict), and it's not possible to open an event as if it was a mutex.
- Added error handling and logging everywhere.
This release is also the place of lot of internal changes that decouples and refactors code and will allow us to further evolve in a much more flexible and faster way.
After a long hiatus, we have released a new version. This version comes with several new features:
- Dynamic Start (different states when start is open/closed)
- Improved Virtual Desktop support
- Dynamic Windows (different states when a Window is maximized or desktop is shown, this is in Preview)
- More tray options
- Optional tray
- Start with Windows (tray and command line option)
- Elegant exiting
All of the above changes have kept processor usage and RAM usage roughly the same as previous releases.
Please read Known issues and already filed bug reports before opening a new issue. If you don't have a Github account, and don't want to make one, you can also email me .em.shnahte@nahte
Please file issues here though, I'd prefer not to be swamped with emails. Thanks.
Please note: you must manually stop the previous running TranslucentTB before starting the new version. This will be the only time that is needed. You may also want to update the references to startup executables you made.
Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback and contributions!
This version adds several new features:
- multi monitor support
- command line options
- clear taskbar option
- colorful taskbar option
- unicode support.
These changes keep RAM usage under 2MB in my tests, and CPU usage still near 0%. I also did a battery test and found no significant change in runtime with the program running and without.
Also, thanks to eveyone who contributed, I cannot thank you enough!
You can download by clicking below on TranslucentTB.zip, or clicking here (direct download!).
Please see known issues before filing a bug report. Thanks!
Please also note that you must open start to reset the taskbar if you exit.