In this project, we are building a mobile Arduino Fio based platform to measure air quality.
We currently have multiple components working correctly with the Arduino Fio:
- GPS sensor - Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout v3 and the OpenLog
- Dust sensor - Sharp Optical Dust Sensor
- Humidity and temperature sensor - SHT10 by sensiron/DFRobot
- Carbon monoxide sensor - Parallax CO sensor
- Barometric pressure - BMP085 Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor
We are working on combining them all into a nice light package.
Still to do:
- Create circuit board sketch and etch it
- Solder everything on board
- Build enclosure
Next version improvements:
Use smaller arduino board (Nano?) potentially one with GPS builtin.
Decide if we want a 5V board.
Use 7.4V LI-ion flat and rechargeable battery pack.
Use only one voltage regulator if we stay with 3.3V.
Move voltage splitter to monitor voltage to between battery and voltage regulator.