Table of Contents
- Create a Yatate file and submit it with a Pull Request (PR)
- People who attend the meetup, in-person, are given a slack invite. Slack is used for all the sifus to stay in touch between our monthly meetups.
- NOTE: Treat the slack like a public forum.
- WORK... Work on your belts. Get a white belt from the Dojo.
Patterns that help you deepen your programming knowledge. Katas are broken into a few categories designated by a sub-folder. Each kata folder has a
...-katas.md, and a
...-Fundamentals.md file in it.
...-katas.md- These files have the coding katas. No code just a description of what is expected from the sifu.
...-Guide.md- The guide files will pair with the katas exactly and give hints and code on how to solve the kata. There can be multiple answers for the same kata. Only one is listed in the guide. If you would like to add yours to the guide make a pull request for it.
...-Fundamentals.md- The fundamentals file has some notes about how the language works. These are document level based bits of information. I use this as a cheat sheet for the language, reminding me about things quickly so I can keep coding.
Angular - the file in the folder doesn't have 2 lines of information. Not even really started.
GitHub - I have spent the most work on this set of katas.
MongoDB - empty at the moment.
Node - I started on this but it is a mess at the moment. This is before I got a structure to the idea of katas.
Programming riddles to ponder. Expand your perspective and hopefully become enlightened.
Sifu notes taken during the meeting. Make your notes helpful to others reading them in the future. Think of this like Open Source documentation. It is a great practice.
Add presentations from speakers to
Presentations folder for others to see later.
Step 1 for getting started is to create a Yatate file.
The Yatate is a folder of BJD members to create txt or md document named after their call-sign.
The call-sign is your sifu name, the name you want to go by in the dojo. This is just for fun. It can't be the same as someone else's and should be respectful of others. The Yatate file is full of contact information for you. Read the "Yatate-README.md"
- (1/14/2019) This section will be moved eventually to the Github projects section.
- The Github Kata folder is the most developed kata I have right now. I work on folders as I have more to add. Sifus should feel free to add to these sections as is appropriate to their knowledge level of the topic.
- <2018-12-13> add an
Info_<SUBJECT>.mdfor each folder. Match text to what is in the main
- <2018-12-13> Clean up the Meetings folder. It should only have ".md" files in it. Starting this in 2019 at the January meetup.