"iyaiContact, Contacts and Connections"
iyai Contact Management System
Go to Heroku and use the demo... User is able to add contact information with a web form.
Run app locally on an Express web server.
- Start MongoDB
- Run an
npm run buildto compile files.
- Start app and server with
- Navigate to
What the app should do?
This was created to solve my contact management issues. Which seems to be an identity issue the more I think about it. Most of the contact managers charge for their service. There is no charge to use this software.
- Use webform to input new contact information then save with "Submit contact data" button.
- Search for contacts using part of the name, ie first or last name will find all matching that. Click "Search" button to display results
- Show "All" contacts in database by clicking the similar button.
- Import Zoho export files clicking "Choose File" button. This will display the raw data being imported and simultaneously save the data to MongoDB.
- Export contacts: select contacts to be exported to email provider, phone contact manager, and file-spreadsheet (spreadsheet is the most important because that is how the lay-person views most data).
TO DO: see "iyaiContact-Software Design Document.md" for details of project To Do's (C:\Users\trewa\Documents\CodingWorkshop\iyaiContact-angular\0-Dev FILES-iyaiContact-angular\iyaiContact-Software Design Document.md)
This project was generated with Angular CLI version 7.1.4.
Angular version 6
enabled codelyzer for linting purposes.
ExpressJS web server and middleware
morgan for logging
express Web Server
compodoc Code Documenter
editorConfig VScode extension will read this file and attempt to add styling as an override. Heavy handed but a great way to make code conform to my coding style.
file-saver simply export to file process, limited to blob max size.
dotenv from npm to manage environment variables
Solo project so far. Code and graphic design contributors are welcome and encouraged to help. Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to me.
- Tre' Grisby - Initial work - trewaters
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details
- "I tip my hat to anyone whose code was used!" npm gives me a lot of people to thank!
- Special thank you to my mom, wife, and daughter! Without their love and support this would gone nowhere.
- Gratitude is the attitude!
ng serve for a dev server. Navigate to
http://localhost:4200/. The app will automatically reload if you change any of the source files.
ng generate component component-name to generate a new component. You can also use
ng generate directive|pipe|service|class|guard|interface|enum|module.
ng build to build the project. The build artifacts will be stored in the
dist/ directory. Use the
--prod flag for a production build.
Running unit tests
ng test to execute the unit tests via Karma.
Running end-to-end tests
ng e2e to execute the end-to-end tests via Protractor.
Angular CLI has support for codelyzer. In order to validate your code with CLI and the custom Angular specific rules just use:
ng new codelyzer
Note that by default all components are aligned with the style guide so you won't see any errors in the console.
To get more help on the Angular CLI use
ng help or go check out the Angular CLI README.
If you would like to see developer documentation click the link after the server is running. It will show the compodocs that were last rendered for this project.
the folders in this are:
- "basic" is built with the Angular CLI.
- [4/17/2019]...I am only working on this one right now.
- [4/18/2019]... adding form submission. Made my form, with css for validity, and the data object.
- [4/24/2019]... Using a tutorial to help me structure my app better. I added folders for COMPONENTS etc. moved the contact to it's own model. importing the contact model into the contact form for adding data. -[4/26/2019]... made all the functionality work. It is test data. Now I am converting it to work with MongoDB. Enable adding all the fields and data for a real contact. -[4/28/2019]... this is coming along well. I am able to import zoho csv data. It isn't perfect but I can understand what is being imported. It has extra bits like quotes that were not removed. I have all the real fields showing for the data that will be input and retrieved. I don't have the metadata set up yet. Like dated created being saved. -[5/1/2019]... I have been working on this a little everyday. Today it is a complete draft. All the functionality is coded into the application. Now it needs to refined and improved upon. -...