Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Google Groups Email Lists
TriBITS has the following email lists on Google Groups (i.e.
- Allows anyone to post questions about the usage of TriBITS
- Anyone can join and get emails when a new post is submitted
- Users can help each other answer questions
- The list archives is publicly view-able and is publicly searchable
- Used for developers (and power users) of TriBITS to discuss topics and communicate with each other
- Anyone can submit emails to the list but only members to the list can read the archives.
- Used by the TriBITS
checkin-test.pyscript to log and archive info about pushes to TriBITS itself.
- Currently also used for testing failures sent to CDash.
- Anyone can post to the list (so that it is easy to sent using
mailxfrom the checkin-test.py script from different machines).
- Only members of the list can view the contents of the list
- Used by the TriBITS
Subscribing to a list
To request to subscribe to one of the above Google Group email lists, perform the following procedure:
Send email to
<mail-list>+email@example.com the email account that you want to receive the list emails from.
When a confirmation email is sent back, simply reply to the email (do not click "Join this Group").
Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org that you sent a subscription request to become a member and provide a short justification for why you should be added as a member to the list (NOTE: This is needed because Google Groups will not send a notification email to the list owner).
The list owner (who is a member of
tribits-developers) will review the request and, if approved, will finalize the subscription (This is listed under "Members"->"Join Requests").
An email is sent stating that your request was approved and you are now subscribed.
NOTE: With Google Groups, you can subscribe to a list but then change your local preferences to only get daily summaries or not get emails at all. But by being a member of the list, you can view the posts to the list. If you don't subscribe your GMail account then you can send a request to
tribits-developers to make this change.
WARNING: If the email account that you send the subscription request from is associated with your Google GMail account in any way (e.g. as a backup email address), then the list's emails may go to your GMail account and not the email account to tried to subscribe from!