One year worth of bug fixes and polish.
A total of 1455 changes: v6.4.3...v6.5.0
Significant code cleanup: 663 changed files with 2,101 additions and 7,033 deletions.
Hundreds of fixes to stability and usefulness of Tribler. Addressed various threading and locking issues.
Also improvements to security and speed of the anonymous downloading and seeding.
Basically very boring stuff, now Tribler is ready for new shiny features.
- Support for recent versions of Windows
- Support for recent versions of OSX
- Support for non ASCII user names on Windows (OSX and Linux where already supported)
- More miscellaneous fixes for unicode named torrents, files and paths.
- Fixes for the builtin player initialization when leftover files from old versions of VLC where left on Windows.
- Improved tunnel community usability (for people that just don't read popup windows and blindly click on "accept") Not the exit node feature can only be toggled from the settings panel, so people don't get in trouble as easily.
- Some performance improvements and bug fixes on the anontunnel community, tunneled downloads should be more stable now.
- Tunneled downloads will use both end to end encrypted and exit node terminated circuits when downloading concurrently instead of trying a pure end to end encrypted download and then falling back to tunneled download after a couple of minutes.
- There's a "safe seeding" mode now which will seed your downloaded torrents through the tunnel community only. This can be enabled even for plain downloads.
- The automatically added tunneled download test torrent has been disabled.
- Collected torrents are now stored in a levelDB database, which should help a lot with disk usage, IO performance and filesystem fragmentation.
- Fixed several download state switching issues.
- Download bandwidth settings are now applied to all download modes (tunneled, and plain) but accounted for separately.
- Bundled libtorrent and libvlc got upgraded (Windows and OSX, on Linux it uses the system's version).
- Fixed adding torrent urls via the search bar.
- All releases are cryptographically signed now.
- Bittorrent opportunistic encryption for plain downloads is enabled now.
- A bunch of minor usability improvements and fixes.