A program to manage the marks of students using a SQL database.
Main class: GestionBilicence.java, the program then runs in a window (no output, just modification of the database).
At the moment, it uses a PostgreSQL database to store data.
The architecture of the program includes provisions to use a MySQL database later on.
- The GestionBilicence.jar file enables to run the interface...
- The full system requires on a PostgreSQL database, which can be created using CreateDataBase.sql and PopulateDataBase.sql (in GestionBilicence/sql folder). After starting PostgreSQL, type in the command prompt:
create database testdb; \c testdb \i path/to/folder/CreateDataBase.sql \i path/to/folder/PopulateDataBase.sql
NB: even when using Windows, path/to/folder should be specified with '/'.
- Overview of basic functions:
- When connecting to the database, select "testdb", use your chosen username and provide your select password (if needs be).
- You land on the "Statistics" page. It includes several tabs.
- The default tab is 'Evolution' which provides an overview of a student's marks - use the panel on the left-hand side to select one student and see all the associated marks in the system.
- The next tab is 'Average': selecting one or several semesters in the left-hand panel displays the students' overall average on the selected period.
- The 'Success rate' tab is still work in progress.
- The "Edition" page enables you to edit the basic properties of entries in the database (such as students' name, the available semesters, the exams coefficients...).
- "csvImport" - package containing the methods to make a csv import.
- "dao" - package of classes for the DAO design pattern.
- "edition" - panel used to edit the different objects of the database.
- "general" - classes used in other parts of the program.
- "statistics" - panel used to display statistics about the students and their marks.
- main class in "GestionBilicence.java".
Installation procedure - with a csv file:
Based on import of csv file.
- In PostgreSQL, create databases "testdb" and "livedb" using CreateDataBase.sql.
- Create suitable semesters (then save) and at least two Exams (then save).
- Import csv file, which will populate the Student database.
All rights reserved Olivier GABRIEL and SoGaR 2018.