Extra "Contact Manager" Providers for cPanel and WHM
- XMPP -- Stable XMPP provider (well, as stable as Net::XMPP is, anyways). See issue #2
- IRC -- New provider, needs more testing by users out in the wild. "Works for Me"
- Slack -- Works presuming you have an incoming WebHook URL, much like CpanelRicky's MatterMost plugin.
- Discord -- Similar to Slack, use an incoming WebHook URL.
- Telegram -- Works, though getting the right numeric ID for the user/group you want to message may be tricky. An instructional video has been posted here to assist you with getting this all setup.
If you like this plugin, consider sending a a few dollars this way: https://paypal.me/troglodyne
Installation and Use:
- Clone this repo with git onto a cPanel host of at least 11.64+.
- After changing the current working directory of your terminal session into the repo's directory, run
makeif you want to install all the providers.
- If you want to only install one specific provider, run 'make install-$provider' -- example:
make install-slackwould install Slack's provider.
- (Optionally) Run the Tests with
- Go to WHM >> Basic Setup and configure the provider options
- Go to WHM >> Contact Manager and make sure it is set up to spam you mercilessly (and for the notifications you care about!).
- Do something to trigger a notification that should fire notifications from cPanel & WHM per your preference in /etc/clevels.conf
- If you tire of the modules and want to get rid of them, run
Currently, the DIGEST-MD5 method (used by default in Net::XMPP when authenticating against the latest ejabberd versions)
causes failures to send notifications. Add
disable_sasl_mechanisms: "DIGEST-MD5" to your
ejabberd.yml config file
to avoid this problem. See issue #2 on the tracker.
XMPP Driver (generally):
I've seen a report about gtalk.t failing on install for certain users when attempting to install Net::XMPP as a dependency.
If this occurs, you'll likely have to manually run CPAN and tell it to ignore the failing tests:
cpan -i -f Net::XMPP. After it installs you can then rerun make install and it should be OK. (the '-f' flag stands for 'force')
If you want to run a functional test for any of these (to debug problems), please run the following script:
as this will prompt you for all the needed values to make the test run (it tells you how to run it too).
Anyways, this script will write out a file like the following to the repo's top level directory. In this example, we're using the XMPP provider, so it will be .xmpptestrc:
You'll note these correspond to the values in the Provider's Schema module. With that set, you should spam yourself with a message if the t/Cpanel-iContact-Provider-XMPP.t test passes.
Same goes for the IRC or Slack provider... use the same keys as in the schema module for dopeouts in its' test.
As always, if you feel there's a bug, please file an issue on the tracker. If you want to chat about it, hop on the Matrix Chat server for troglodyne. Instructions here: https://chat.troglodyne.net.