An attempt to create a pastebin site that does not suck. https://paste.zi.fi/
- The front page allows a new paste or loading existing ones by name
- Auto-copy of link after uploading a paste
- The usual keyboard shortcuts for save/open/copy/print
- Syntax hilight for editor and viewer
- Autodetection by file extension and content
- No extra cruft gets copied (even by Ctrl+A) or printed
- Implemented with Sanic and Redis in async Python for insanely high performance
No access control. Anyone may edit or delete pastes, if they have the URL. If no filename is provided, a random name is created.
Pastes are deleted after one year without views, or when re-uploaded with empty content.
A PUT request to site root creates a randomly named paste, while a PUT request to full URL (with filename) creates or modifies that paste. HTTP 201 Created is given if the paste didn't exist before. The URL of the paste will be returned (for viewing in browser or raw curl/wget/fetch).
curl https://paste.zi.fi/ -X PUT -d "text to paste"
curl https://paste.zi.fi/p/ -T your_file.txt
Notice that binary files are not supported and that trailing newlines and such may get altered.