2.4.0 is a major release that provides a totally new configuration system where the framework can be extended through Components and allows to replace standard behavior of the framework by replacing the default components.
For an overview of the new TurboGears 2.4 configuration system, have a look at https://medium.com/@__amol__/welcome-turbogears-2-4-6f5f9f0a47a0
Version 2.4.0 includes the following changes:
- Configuration system rewrite, configuration is now based on a Configurator and Components.
- All features that were deprecated in 2.2 and 2.3 are now gone (IE support for ToscaWidgets1)
- Support custom reporters in Slow and Error reporting
- Removed support for Pylons Compatibility Mode.
- Removed support for Python 2.6
- WebTest is no longer a dependency of TurboGears, only of it's quickstarted apps.
- 100% test coverage guaranteed on PY3 too
- Removed deprecated transaction manager middleware
- Deprecated @beaker_cache
- genshi_custom_format removed
- Many tests moved from Genshi to Kajiki
- Make TransactionApplicationWrapper handle changes of active transaction
- Use transaction>=2.4 public API
- Support WebOb1.9 and WebTest2
- Remove constraint on raven during tests
- Remove support for deprecated request.validation.getitem
- Deprecated mingauth and sqlauth, only authmetadata is officially supported
- Get rid of deprecated get_flash and get_status
- Remove no longer supported Cache and Session middlewares