The Neon Network -- E-coupons on Blockchain
- Author: Lee Ting Ting & Hu Yao Chieh
- Supervised by: Prof. HUI Pan & Dimitris Chatzopoulos from HKUST
The Neon Network scaffolds a sustainable and scalable e-coupon market framework upon Ethereum network, facilitating secure value distribution gateways and non-falsifiability for e-coupons within the sophisticated networks of issuers and users. This paper presents a com- plete and generic solution to the emerging market needs of e-coupon on the blockchain, which entailed less manual costs and errors through providing non-falsifiable and non-repudiable coupon instances with the smart contract.
Tools Needed before you start
npm install -g bower
npm install -g ethereumjs-testrpc
npm install -g truffle
* Description and relevant links for these tools can be found in the **Technologies used** section
- After cloning the repository, install the dependencies under this directory.
- Install the bower componenets
- Open testrpc in another terminal to create 10 distinct accounts for testing.
- Compile and deploy our smart contracts:)
truffle migrate --reset
- Run our web app!
- Our application is running on http://localhost:8080
Testrpc has been taken by Truffle and thus has changed its name to ganache-cli. The above command can still work with its old features but not the lastest ones. More details please refer to their GitHub repo.
- The Truffle Framework - A development framework for Ethereum with built-in smart contract compilation, deployment, and testing.
- Truffle Box - Helpful boilerplates with integration of web3 and webpack
- Web3 - API for communicating with Ethereum nodes through RPC calls
- TestRPC - A Node.js based Ethereum client for testing and development, which gen- erates ten funded accounts for testing purposes.
- Solidity - Programming language for smart contracts
- Bootstrap3 DatePicker - A library for date and time selection
- Bower - Offers a generic, unopinionated solution to the problem of front-end package management
Licensed under the MIT License