Geometrize is a desktop app that geometrizes images into geometric primitives.
- Recreate images as geometric primitives.
- Start with hundreds of images with preset settings.
- Export geometrized images to SVG, PNG, JPG, GIF and more.
- Export shape data as JSON for use in custom projects and creations.
- Control the algorithm at the core of Geometrize with ChaiScript scripts.
Open the app, select an image, pick your desired shape types, and hit start.
Video tutorials for Geometrize are posted here:
The matrix shows results for circles, triangles, rotated rectangles, rotated ellipses and all supported shapes at 50, 200 and 500 total shapes:
|-||50 Shapes||200 Shapes||500 Shapes|
By batch editing and exporting images, and then combining the results using a tool such as ScreenToGif, you can produce animations using Geometrize:
For more examples of geometrized images, see the gallery.
- See the Geometrize resources page.
Geometrize is a Qt app written in C++.
- Download and install Qt 5.10 or above.
- Install Python 3.x and add it to your path. The build process includes a few Python scripts for creating resource files.
- Checkout this repository and all submodules, and build and run geometrize.pro within Qt Creator.
If you want to develop or extend Geometrize, look at the top level repo for a high-level overview of the repositories in the Geometrize project.
- Got an idea or suggestion? Open an issue on GitHub, or send Sam a message on Twitter.
- Geometrize is inspired by primitive, a Go library and tool created by Michael Fogleman.
- There is up to date Doxygen documentation for Geometrize and the underlying Geometrize library.
- Also see the Geometrize gallery, bot and tweening demo.