Source code and assets for the TwinklebearDev SDL 2.0 Lessons. The full lesson text is available at my site.
- Lesson 0: Setting up SDL:
- A simple program to make sure you've set up SDL correctly
- Lesson 1: Hello World:
- The standard Hello World program, for SDL 2.0
- Lesson 2: Don't Put Everything in Main
- An introduction to creating some functions to help us with writing better and reusable code.
- Lesson 3: SDL Extension Libraries
- An introduction to the various extension libraries that are available for SDL in this lesson we cover usage of SDL_image to load non-BMP images
- Lesson 4: Handling Events
- An introduction to using SDL's event system to get user input from the window, mouse and keyboard
- Lesson 5: Clipping Sprite Sheets
- An introduction to selecting specific subsets of an image sheet, ie. sprite sheet, that we want to draw
- Lesson 6: True Type Fonts with SDL_ttf
- An introduction to using the SDL_ttf extension library to render true type fonts