Contains the Tyk Documentation source.
How to Contribute
We recommend contributing in the following way:
- Fork this repository
- Clone the forked repository on your machine
- Create a remote branch, e.g
git remote add upstream https://github.com/TykTechnologies/tyk-docs.git
- Fetch from the remote branch
git fetch upstream
- Rebase your branch with the latest remote branch content
git rebase upstream/master
The following guide briefly explains how to work with Hugo, you would then need push to your forked repository and then create a Pull Request to Tyk's
How to Use
Our Documentation is constructed using Hugo.
To Install Hugo
- Install Hugo - v0.31 or above
- Clone this repository
hugo server --theme=tykio --buildDraftsfrom the
- Go to http://localhost:1313/docs to view the docs locally.
Adding and Editing Content
The docs content lives in
Add a new Section
- Add a new folder in within the
tyk-docs/tyk-docs/content/Directory. For example
- Within your new folder create a markdown file with the same name as the folder (including any hyphens). So for the above folder, create
new-section.md. This file will be converted to the equivalent of an
- You can then create other markdown files within that directory, that you can name as you want.
For each new file, you need to add YAML formated Front Matter:
--- date: 2017-03-08T18:15:57+13:00 title: Create an Account menu: main: parent: 'Tyk Cloud' weight: 5 ---
You can create a dynamic, nested navigation hierarchy simply by changing the
parent field to the name of the parent page. Note, these names must be unique.
For a new top-level page (like
new-section.md in the example above), the front matter looks like this:
--- date: 2017-03-08T18:15:30+13:00 title: Get started with Tyk menu: "main" weight: 0 url: "/get-started-with-tyk" ---
Notice that we just define the
menu field as a simple string.
The content itself is just markdown that follows the front matter block. When you add and edit new content, Hugo should auto-reload and you should be able to see the changes live in your browser (if not, refresh). Sometimes Hugo gets confused and you may need to re-run it.
Tyk is released under the MPL v2.0 please see the license file for a full version of the license.
If you push to this repository, Buddy Works will compile and push the static site to our dev server (details in slack).