Welcome to your VS Code Extension
What's in the folder
- This folder contains all of the files necessary for your extension.
package.json- this is the manifest file that defines the location of the snippet file and specifies the language of the snippets.
snippets/snippets.json- the file containing all snippets.
Get up and running straight away
F5to open a new window with your extension loaded.
- Create a new file with a file name suffix matching your language.
- Verify that your snippets are proposed on intellisense.
- You can relaunch the extension from the debug toolbar after making changes to the files listed above.
- You can also reload (
Cmd+Ron Mac) the VS Code window with your extension to load your changes.
Install your extension
- To start using your extension with Visual Studio Code copy it into the
<user home>/.vscode/extensionsfolder and restart Code.
- To share your extension with the world, read on https://code.visualstudio.com/docs about publishing an extension.