This repo contains source code for a series of articles. Each article builds upon the work done in the last. In order that the source for each article make sense in the context of the article, I have separated branches relevant to each article.
- Branch: Master - Will always contain all of the changes, and be up to date with the most recent article in the series
The branches below are both referred to in ASP.NET Web Api 2.2: Create a Self-Hosted OWIN-Based Web Api from Scratch
- Branch: api - The minimal example implementation of a self-hosted Web Api application using OWIN/Katana
- Branch: ef - Extends the example above by adding entity framework and a local, file-based database (SQL CE)
The next branch,
auth-minimal is referred to in the post ASP.NET Web Api: Understanding OWIN/Katana Authentication/Authorization Part I: Concepts
- Branch: auth-minimal - Adds simplified authentication examples to the previous branches. Identity is not used, and database persistence is not yet implemented for the auth stuff.
The next branch, auth-db is referred to in the post ASP.NET Web Api: Understanding OWIN/Katana Authentication/Authorization Part II: Models and Persistence
- Branch: auth-db - Adds entity models and database persistence.
The Final Branch,
auth-identity is referred to in the post ASP.NET Web API: Understanding OWIN/Katana Authentication/Authorization Part III: Adding Identity
- *Branch: auth-identity * Replace bare-bones roll-our-own implementation with a minimal Identity framework implementation.